At the Museum we work hard to provide all our visitors with excellent customer service. It's great to know that other people think we're good too.
VisitEngland Quality Assured Visitor Attraction
We are an accredited attraction under the VisitEngland Quality Assured Visitor Attraction Scheme.
VisitEngland Best Told Story 2023 and 2014
In 2023 and 2014 we received VisitEngland’s Best Told Story accolade, awarded to attractions which communicate their story effectively and offer visitors ‘an interesting and entertaining experience’.
Sandford Award 2018 to 2028
The prestigious annual Sandford Awards are independently judged, recognising excellence in education programmes at heritage sites, museums, archives and collections across the UK. We were delighted to receive a Sandford Award 2018-2023 and more recently for 2023-2028 for our schools programme.
School Travel Organiser Awards 2023
We were thrilled to win the ‘Best Museum Visit’ award 2023 in the School Travel Organiser Awards, as voted for by the readers of School Travel Organiser.
VisitEngland Gold Accolade 2018
In 2018 we were one of only 16 visitor attractions awarded a VisitEngland Gold accolade as voted for by members of the board’s Visitor Attraction Quality Scheme. The Gold accolade is awarded to attractions that demonstrate excellence across all areas.
Jodi Award 2017
In 2017, Signly, an app created by Intermedia, and Deafax in in conjunction with the Museum, for d/Deaf British Sign Language users, won the highly-respected Jodi Award. Winners were chosen from a shortlist of museums, galleries, archives, libraries and heritage sites that make best use of technology to widen access for disabled people and those with sensory impairment.
- Little Ankle Biters Awards 2019, 2020, 2022 and 2023 – winner, Best Museum in Buckinghamshire.
- Red Kite Days Awards 2021 and 2022 – finalist, Best Museum category.
- The Hoop Awards 2019 – winner, Best Holiday Workshops.
- ACE Best Product Awards Finalist 2019 – Best General Publication. Shortlisted for the Museum edition of My Year.
- ACE Best Product Awards Finalist 2018 – Best Children’s Publication. Shortlisted for the Museum edition of James and the Giant Peach Beautiful
- South Sustainable Tourism Award 2011 – highly commended.
- VisitEngland’s Best Small Visitor Attraction 2008.
- Tourism South East’s ExSEllence Award for Best Small Tourist Attraction 2007.
- Civic Trust Award 2007 – longlisted.
- European Museum of the Year Award 2006 – highly commended.
- British Guild of Travel Writers’ Best Tourism Project 2006.
- Gulbenkian Prize 2006 – longlisted.
Around with words
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest updates!