At the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre we welcome all visitors and aim to do everything we can to make sure you have a buzzwangling time.
Our key accessible features:
- The Museum galleries and Shop are all fully wheel – and push chair accessible, as we are a step-free site. One of our spaces (the Front Room) has a small step (we are a listed building and unable to change our layout) but a ramp is available for you to use. This room is usually used for additional seating for the pop-up café or for occasional events.
- We have an upstairs picnic room and event space. You can reach this floor by a lift.
- We have two fully accessible loos.
- We have a manual wheelchair which you may borrow, though we do advise contacting us in advance to ensure it is available – please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01494 892192.
- Carers receive free admission. You can book these tickets online by using the ‘Free Carer Ticket’ option, or call us on 01494 892192.
- We have a hearing loop and audio transcripts of audio visual presentations.
- We have a baby change room as well as baby changing facilities for parents/carers in wheelchairs.
- We have two free SEND explorer bags and a free quiet space kit. These are available for you to borrow from the ticket desk. Find out about our SEND explorer bags.
- All staff have disability awareness training.
You can take a look at our accessibility guide online on the Visit England Accessibility Guides website. This contains comprehensive information about a visit to the Museum.
You can see our full accessibility guide here, or download it from the links below.
You can download two visual stories documents from this page. They show you what to expect from a visit to the Museum, including lots of photos of the Museum spaces. Alternatively you can explore some of the Museum spaces using our 360 degree tour.
Changing Places toilet
We don’t currently have a Changing Places toilet at the Museum, but we will have one in our redeveloped Museum which is due to open summer 2026.
- The nearest Changing Places toilet is located at: Tesco Amersham, London Road West, Amersham, Buckinghamshire, HP7 0HA. This is a 15-minute drive from the Museum. Find out more about Tesco Amersham Changing Places toilet.
Get in touch
Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any specific special needs; we always endeavour to adapt according to your requirements.
If you would like to call us using the Next Generation Text Service (NGT) service please call 18001 01494 892192. You can also email us email@example.com.