Governance and Projects Officer
Application deadline: 20 November 2023 12:00 pm
Fixed term until December 2026
Part time, approx. 25 hours a week.
£28,470.50 per annum (pro rata £19,237)
Monday 27 or Tuesday 28 November 2023, at the Museum.
Download and complete the forms below and send to us by clicking apply
We're looking for a Governance and Project Officer to join our team.
- Are you looking for a new challenge to develop your career in project management in Museums or the cultural sector?
- Are you keen to use your skills to support the in the good governance, smooth operation and wide ranging projects across the Museum?
- Are you excited about supporting the team delivering our forthcoming capital regeneration project?
- Can you think on your feet and enjoy learning new things quickly?
If this is you, then you could be our new Governance & Projects Officer.
At the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre, we think that making stories is part of what makes us human, and everyone is a storymaker. We use our collection and location – Roald Dahl’s archive, in the village he lived, worked, and found inspiration in the everyday – to help our visitors unlock the stories we all have inside.
The Museum Governance & Projects Officer is new a role created to add extra capacity to our team during the Unlocking Stories regeneration project and to support the governance and administrative running of the Museum as an organisation. You’ll also be involved in planning and coordinating projects across the Museum in a range of areas including public offer, facilities, health & safety and fundraising.
The context for this job is tremendously exciting: Our recovery from the lingering impact of the Covid pandemic is getting stronger, and in 2023 our long-brewing capital regeneration – the Unlocking Stories Project (USP) – is moving through its design stages at pace.
Intertwined with USP, we are working hard to become a more inclusive, equitable and diverse organisation, including our constructive response to the legacy of Dahl’s racism, whilst we continue to lean into the potential of his creative legacy to do good.
About the role
- Reporting to the Governance & Projects Manager.
- Part time, approx. 25 hours a week, most likely split over 4 or 5 days.
- Fixed term until December 2026.
- Hybrid working supported (although time on site every week is necessary).
- 28 days holiday per year, plus UK bank holidays.
- £28,470.50 per annum (pro rata £19,237) Contributory pension scheme after probation period.
How to apply
To apply, please download the application form from this page below and email is to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also access the full role profile, background info and privacy notices. You must use our form: applications by CV and letter will not be considered.
However, if you need to make your application in another format, you are very welcome to contact us to discuss. We use application forms as a safeguarding measure and to have parity in presentation of applications, but we are open to conversations about different approaches according to need.
If you would like an informal conversation about the role with Emma Bedlow, Governance & Projects Manager please email email@example.com to set up a call.
Application deadline = Monday 20 November, 12 noon
Initial interviews =Monday 27 or Tuesday 28 November 2023, at the Museum
Second interviews = TBC
Interviews will take place at the Museum. Travel expenses can be claimed with evidence of payment/mileage. Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments so you can attend an interview.
Feedback will be available for all interviewees on request. However, we cannot guarantee to give feedback to applicants who are not interviewed.