Bring your class to the Roald Dahl Museum.
Explore elements of Roald Dahl’s writing process and life through a visit to the Museum.
Our Museum is the perfect place to see the writing process in action by one of its masters. Pupils will discover how they can use the same techniques themselves and find out more about Roald Dahl’s life while exploring our fun, interactive galleries in one of our facilitated sessions.
We have a range of exciting sessions for Years 2-4 and Years 5-8 around themes such as crafting characters, editing/redrafting and unlocking ideas and inspiration. We offer two types of session: galleries-based 90 minute sessions and archive-based 180 minute sessions. Both types are based around a key literacy area which is the focus throughout your visit.
Included in the cost of a visit are:
- one free adult place for every six children and free 1-to-1 support
- a Sparky Schools Information Pack to help you prepare for the day
- Terrific Teacher Golden Tickets to gain free entry to the Museum to carry out your risk assessment in advance of your trip
- all learning resources and materials needed throughout your visit
- a dedicated lunch area for your school as well as an area to leave coats/bags during the day
Our sessions are based around a key literacy area, such as re-drafting or developing characters. They include small group activities where your pupils will work with your adult helpers. All sessions are suitable for up to 32 students and we offer one free adult place for every 6 children that you bring.
We offer two types of session – 90 minute galleries-based morning/afternoon sessions and an extended 180 minute archive-based session.
Both types of session include:
- Time exploring the Museum’s galleries with our 40 interactive installations
- Small group activities working with materials from the Roald Dahl archive
- Discovering more about Roald Dahl’s life
Sandford Award winning
Our learning programme is recognised by the Sandford Awards, for excellence in heritage education. "Testament to our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional and immersive educational experiences."
School Travel Organiser Awards
We were thrilled to win the 'Best Museum Visit' award 2023 in the School Travel Organiser Awards. Here's our Learning Team holding the award in front of our Wonka gates.
Around with words
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest updates!